What is Uridine Monophosphate?
Uridine Monophosphate (UMP) is a nucleotide base that acts as a monomer in RNA. It is a chemical compound derived from phosphoric acid and the nucleoside Uridine and is used in the body to increase the forming of cellular membranes. When taken as a nootropic supplement, Uridine Monophosphate may offer several potential benefits to cognitive and physical health.
Studies have observed that it may promote memory and learning by increasing acetylcholine production. UMP may also help promote the formation of new neural synapses, which may support greater mental capacity. Results from Uridine studies suggest that Uridine Monophosphate may help promote attention span and spatial learning. This may be a result of the compound’s impact on certain neurotransmitters associated with mood, motivation, and attention span.
Uridine Monophosphate may also support restful sleep. Preliminary studies show that slow-wave sleep is needed to help the brain’s recovery process from daily activities.
Another great characteristic of UMP is that it stacks very well with other nootropics. You might, in fact, have heard of the ‘Mr. Happy stack’, which is a combination of Uridine, fish oil, and a choline source. UMP also stacks well with Alpha-GPC.
Where to Buy Uridine Monophosphate Online
At Nootropics.com, you can buy Uridine Monophosphate in a jar of 60x250mg capsules. All of our products are quality tested once after manufacturing, and then undergo a stringent process of quality assurance by an independent third-party lab. We test for identity, purity, and an array of heavy metals using FTIR and HPLC. Our products use vegetable capsules suitable for vegans.
Our customers get free shipping on orders over $70 in the US and $200 for international orders. If you buy 2 or more jars of Uridine Monophosphate, we offer a 5% and 10% discount. We offer a money-back guarantee 90 days after you buy our products.
Uridine Monophosphate Guidelines
Uridine Monophosphate dosage: As a dietary supplement, take 1 – 2 capsules per day.
Effect onset: 2-3 hours
Extended use: We don’t recommend taking Uridine over extended periods of time due to the safety concerns linked to its long-term use in animals.
- Practical limits on absorption exist for Uridine since high doses may induce diarrhea, but these limits appear to be much higher than standard supplemental dosages .
- It stacks well with Alpha-GPC.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Third-party purity testing:
Certificate of Authenticity – Uridine Monophosphate
Other names: 5’-uridylic acid, uridine 5 monophosphate, UMP
Half-life: 2 hours
Side effects :
Keep in mind that the safety profile of Uridine is relatively unknown, given the scarcity of well-designed clinical studies. The list of side effects below is, therefore, not a definite one. You should consult your doctor about other potential side effects based on your health condition and possible drug or supplement interactions.
In one clinical trial, Uridine caused no side effects over one week in nine healthy people who received it.
If you experience unintended side effects, please exercise caution. If discomfort persists or intensifies, always consult a medical practitioner.
Further information (off-site)
1. Examine.com Article
2. Wikipedia Entry
3. 7 Uridine Benefits + Sources, Side Effects, Stacks & Dosage
1. Uridine function in the central nervous system
2. A Nutrient Combination that Can Affect Synapse Formation
3. Uridine as an active component of sleep-promoting substance: its effects on nocturnal sleep in rats
4. Dietary uridine-5′-monophosphate supplementation increases potassium-evoked dopamine release and promotes neurite outgrowth in aged rats
5. Restorative Effects of Uridine Plus Docosahexaenoic Acid in a Rat Model of Parkinson’s Disease
6. Uridine as an active component of sleep-promoting substance: its effects on nocturnal sleep in rats
7. Dietary uridine enhances the improvement in learning and memory produced by administering DHA to gerbils