With all stacks, caution is recommended. Nootropics are powerful, and all brains are different, so combining them carelessly may have risks. Always make sure you try out the components individually first to verify that they work as intended for you, and don’t have any unwanted side effects.
This stack is for those days where you really need the extra push to work on that thing that you’ve been avoiding for a long time now. It won’t do much to improve your focus or cognition, but it will help you muster willpower. You shouldn’t rely on these components every day – because tolerance builds up quickly, but they are a great backup plan for those times where you really need to push through that task.
Taking one capsule of each component in this stack can elevate your motivation and mood, and reduce your anxiety and stress. The peak motivation and anxiolytic effects last 4 – 5 hours, with residual benefits up to 10 hours later.
This stack is not intended to be taken daily. For a daily mood lift, have a look at our Mood Lift Stack. For daily productivity, see our Daily Productivity Stack. Please note that this stack doesn’t guarantee that you’ll get the task done. For very aversive tasks, just this stack might not be enough — but it should make things somewhat easier.
Phenylpiracetam is a tool for improving cognition, focus, and energy, and makes it easier to get started on tasks. In this stack, it is the substance that will help you with getting things done.
Tianeptine is a very effective mood brightener, and that also helps reduce anxiety and stress. As opposed to Tianeptine Sodium (Stablon), Tianeptine Sulfate has a long lasting effect of over 5 hours. Its purpose in this stack is to help you keep your spirits up as you engage with something you normally don’t enjoy.
L-Theanine is a green tea extract, which produces an anti-anxiety effect. In this stack it has the goal of keeping the mind calm and stable. It also synergizes very well with coffee, reducing the tenseness that can come with caffeine consumption.
Citicoline has modest cognitive benefits by itself, but in this stack it is meant to potentiate the Phenylpiracetam. The latter interacts with the brain’s acetylcholine system, and taking Citicoline supports this. Citicoline also prevents the headache that can be brought on by Phenylpiracetam’s interaction with the acetylcholine system.
Capsules per day: Each component can be taken once per day.
Effect onset: 30 – 60 minutes
Effect duration: Peak effects for 4 – 5 hours, with residual effects up to 10 hours after that.
Extended use: This stack is not meant for extended use because Phenylpiracetam builds up tolerance quickly. Take this twice per week at most.
For more information please see the individual product pages.
- If this stack makes you drowsy or too relaxed, caffeine or Adrafinil can be used to boost your wakefulness.
- If you’re worried that you might be predisposed to depression, leave out the Citicoline until and unless you get a headache.
- It is very important to drink more than your regular amount of water, to keep hydrated and prevent headaches.
- Do not take Tianeptine if you are currently on MAOIs or have been in the previous 14 days.
- Long term tianeptine use can have opiate-like withdrawal symptoms. Ensure that usage is gradually reduced with care, and if ever in doubt, consult a qualified medical professional. If you have ever been addicted to opioids, Tianeptine may have an immediate addictive effect.
- An excess of choline can amplify or trigger depressive episodes, and Citicoline is therefore not advised for people with a predisposition for this.
- Do not consume alcohol if you have taken Phenylpiracetam or Tianeptine.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This stack is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. For further information, see the individual product pages.