What Is Citicoline?
Citicoline, also known as CDP Choline, is a form of Choline that has been enhanced to allow improved transmission across the blood-brain barrier. Citicolinefacilitates neurotransmitter production, restoration and repair, allowing for increased motivation and mental clarity.
When paired with cognition-enhancing nootropic supplements such as Adrafinil, Phenylpiracetam and Noopept, Citicoline amplifies the brain boosting effects, whilst reducing the risks of headaches. With an excellent safety profile, and evidence of neuroprotective benefits, it is the perfect complement to your nootropics of choice.
Where to Buy Citicoline Online?
At Nootropics.com, you can buy Citicoline in a jar of 60x250mg capsules. All of our products are quality tested once after manufacturing, and then undergo a stringent process of quality assurance by an independent third-party lab. We test for identity, purity, and an array of heavy metals using FTIR and HPLC. Our products use vegetable capsules suitable for vegans.
Our customers get free shipping on orders over $70 in the US and $200 for international orders. If you buy 2 or more jars of Citicoline, we offer a 5% and 10% discount. We offer a money-back guarantee 90 days after you buy our products.
Dosage: 1 – 2 capsules per day
Effects onset: 30 – 60 minutes
Effect duration: Main effect lasts 6-8 hours, with some residual effects up to 12 hours.
Extended use: As side effects may be compounded with extended use, taking a week off can restore potency and allow for neural regulation.
- Usage in the morning is optimal for avoiding sleep disruption due to increased wakefulness.
- An excess of choline may amplify existing anxieties or deepen depressive episodes. Citicoline is therefore not advised for individuals with a history of these conditions.
Alcohol note: It is safe to consume alcohol while taking Citicoline. High alcohol consumption can lead to choline deficiency. Choline can reduce liver damage caused by excessive alcohol consumption.
Always consult with a qualified healthcare physician before taking any new dietary supplement. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
The racetam nootropics (such as Aniracetam, Phenylpiracetam and Piracetam) draw on choline to amplify cognitive function, making Citicoline a uniquely suited supplement to enhance their function and duration.
Third-party purity testing:
Certificate of Authenticity – Citicoline
Chemical name: cytidine diphosphate-choline
Other names: CDP-Choline, Choline
Half Life: 66 hours
Side effects: anxiety, mild headache, low mood, diarrhea, insomnia.
Citicoline is well studied and is considered safe at standard doses, but if side effects do occur, please exercise caution. If discomfort persists or intensifies, always consult a medical practitioner.
Further information (off-site)
1. Double-blind placebo-controlled study with citicoline in APOE genotyped Alzheimer’s disease patients. Effects on cognitive performance, brain bioelectrical activity and cerebral perfusion
2. Maternal choline supplementation improves spatial learning and adult hippocampal neurogenesis in the Ts65Dn mouse model of Down syndrome
3. Citicoline improves memory performance in elderly subjects
4. The relation of dietary choline to cognitive performance and white-matter hyperintensity in the Framingham Offspring Cohort
5. Improved Attentional Performance Following Citicoline Administration in Healthy Adult Women
6. Profound effects of combining choline and piracetam on memory enhancement and cholinergic function in aged rats
7. Liver Damage Produced by Feeding Alcohol or Sugar and its Prevention by Choline