What is Alpha-GPC?
Alpha-GPC (alpha-glycerophosphocholine) is a cholinergic compound praised for its cognitive-promoting properties. Alpha-GPC may aid in preventing cognitive decline by supporting cellular membranes. Additionally, it is sometimes used to stimulate bursts of energy in athletes, and it is perfect for stacking with other nootropics in order to create powerful synergies. This compound naturally occurs in our brain and can be found in several food groups such as eggs, fish, meat, and dairy. Studies have shown that using Alpha-GPC as a dietary supplement can improve both physical and cognitive performance by affecting growth-hormone in healthy adults. It also aids brain health by supporting its structure and when taken as a supplement. Alpha-GPC has a nootropic effect which can be considered similar to that of caffeine.
Choline is an essential nutrient that can be found in some animal food groups such as organ meat, eggs, fish, and dairy. Choline is used broadly for metabolism in the body, with functions like aiding in cell structure through the creation of phospholipids and producing acetylcholine, an important neurotransmitter that plays a key role in mood, memory and muscle control, gene expression and brain development. Studies have shown that using Alpha-GPC as a dietary supplement can improve both physical and cognitive performance by affecting growth-hormone in healthy adults. As a nootropic, Alpha-GPC has a stimulating effect similar to that of caffeine and can mitigate common side effects, such as headache, resulting from the use of -racetams.
Where to Buy Alpha-GPC Online
At Nootropics.com, you can buy Alpha-GPC in a jar of 60x150mg capsules. All of our products are quality tested once after manufacturing, and then undergo a stringent process of quality assurance by an independent third-party lab. We test for identity, purity, and an array of heavy metals using FTIR and HPLC. Our products use vegetable capsules suitable for vegans.
Our customers get free shipping on orders over $70 in the US and $200 for international orders. If you buy 2 or more jars of Alpha-GPC, we offer a 5% and 10% discount. We offer a money-back guarantee 90 days after you buy our products.
Alpha-GPC dosage: As a dietary supplement, take 1 – 2 capsules per day.
Effect onset: 60 – 120 minutes
Effect duration: Peak effect duration of 1 – 3 hours.
Extended use: Safe for extended use, it is non-addictive, is not known to cause harm, and has an extremely low toxicity relative to dose.
- Alpha-GPC is not habit-forming and the desire to use it can actually decrease with use. It is most often self-regulating.
- Tolerance to the effects of Alpha-GPC is built after prolonged and repeated usage. It takes about 7 days for the tolerance to be reduced to half, and 14 days to be back at baseline.
- It stacks well with other nootropic supplements.
Alcohol note: Alpha-GPC presents cross-tolerance with no other known compounds, meaning that after the use of Alpha-GPC all other psychoactive compounds will not have a reduced effect.
Caution: Alpha-GPC and MAOIs (Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors) are a potentially dangerous combination. It is likely that MAOIs could increase the effects of Alpha-GPC unpredictably. Taking this chemical while on MAOIs prescription is strongly discouraged. Please talk to your doctor about this.
Always consult with a qualified healthcare physician before taking any new dietary supplement. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Third-party purity testing:
Certificate of Authenticity – Alpha-GPC
Chemical name: choline alfoscerate, alpha-glycerophosphocholine
Other names: α-GPC
Side effects: There are relatively few side effects associated with Alpha-GPC. Various studies have shown that reasonable doses present no negative cognitive, psychiatric or toxic physical effects of any sort. If you experience unintended side effects, please exercise caution. If discomfort persists or intensifies, always consult a medical practitioner.
Further information (off-site)
1. Examine.com Article
2. Wikipedia Entry
3. Late treatment with choline alfoscerate (l-alpha glycerylphosphorylcholine, alpha-GPC) increases hippocampal neurogenesis and provides protection against seizure-induced neuronal death and cognitive impairment
4. An effective method for the determination of the enantio-purity of L-alpha-glycerophosphocholine (L-alpha-GPC)
5. Revisiting choline alphoscerate profile: a new, perspective, role in dementia?
6. L-alpha-glycerylphosphorylcholine antagonizes scopolamine-induced amnesia and enhances hippocampal cholinergic transmission in the rat
1. Cognitive improvement in mild to moderate Alzheimer’s dementia after treatment with the acetylcholine precursor choline alfoscerate: a multicenter, double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial
2. Cholinergic precursors in the treatment of cognitive impairment of vascular origin: ineffective approaches or need for re-evaluation?
3. Treatment of dementia with neurotransmission modulation Expert Opinion on Investigational Drugs.
4. Alpha-Glycerophosphocholine in the mental recovery of cerebral ischemic attacks. An Italian multicenter clinical trial
5. Choline alphoscerate (alpha-glyceryl-phosphoryl-choline) an old choline-containing phospholipid with a still interesting profile as cognition-enhancing agent
6. The effect of 6 days of alpha glycerylphosphorylcholine on isometric strength
7. Evaluation of the effects of two doses of alpha glycerylphosphorylcholine on physical and psychomotor performance
8. -alpha-glycerophosphocholine contributes to meat’s enhancement of nonheme iron absorption