What is Adrafinil?
Adrafinil metabolises into Modafinil, the most popular and widely known nootropic supplement around. And for good reason: it creates a state of heightened cognitive ability, characterised by concentration, wakefulness, and focus. Because of this, it is used by astronauts on the International Space Station, world-class athletes and US fighter jet pilots alike.
An internationally recognised productivity tool, it has been dubbed “the crown prince of smart drugs”. Whether you need a competitive cognitive edge, need a boost to memory and recall, or you just need an extended period of Getting Things Done, Modafinil provides a reliable and potent method of cognitive enhancement.
Where to Buy Adrafinil Online
At Nootropics.com, you can buy Adrafinil in a jar of 60x300mg capsules. All of our products are quality tested once after manufacturing, and then undergo a stringent process of quality assurance by an independent third-party lab. We test for identity, purity, and an array of heavy metals using FTIR and HPLC. Our products use vegetable capsules suitable for vegans.
Our customers get free shipping on orders over $70 in the US and $200 for international orders. If you buy 2 or more jars of Adrafinil, we offer a 5% and 10% discount. We offer a money-back guarantee 90 days after you buy our products.
Dosage: 1 – 2 capsules per day
Effect onset: 45 – 60 minutes
Effect duration: Adrafinil is a long-lasting cognitive enhancer, with a peak effect duration of 8 hours. Improved cognition can last 24 hours, with some residual benefits reported up to 60 hours later.
Extended use: Most effective when taken every other day (up to 3-4 times per week). After 2 weeks of use, taking 1 week off will avoid building tolerance.
- One 300mg capsule of Adrafinil is equivalent to 100mg of Modafinil.
- Keeping hydrated on Adrafinil is particularly important, as dehydration can lead to headaches.
- Usage in the morning is optimal for avoiding sleep disruption due to increased wakefulness.
- Adrafinil is sometimes supplemented with L-Theanine, Phenibut or Citicoline to amplify the cognitive effects, and reduce residual anxiety or stress.
- Adrafinil and Modafinil can reduce the efficacy of hormonal birth control. They should not be taken during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
Alcohol note: Consuming this product with Alcohol will lead to more rapid intoxication, stronger hangovers, and in some cases, blackouts.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Key differences compared to taking Modafinil directly: Adrafinil takes slightly longer to enter the bloodstream (~1 hour), as it needs to be metabolized into Modafinil in the liver. One 300mg capsule of Adrafinil is equivalent to 100mg of Modafinil.
Adrafinil supplements can be freely purchased in the US, whereas Modafinil online or offline is prescription-only.
Third-party purity testing:
Certificate of Authenticity
Chemical name: 2-(Benzhydrylsulfinyl)acetohydroxamic acid.
Other names: Olmifon, CRL-40028.
Half life: 15 hours
Side effects: headaches, dizziness, increased anxiety, nausea, diarrhea, trouble sleeping, dry mouth. Adrafinil is well studied and is considered safe at standard doses, but if side effects do occur, please exercise caution. If discomfort persists or intensifies, always consult a medical practitioner.
Contraindications: Because the metabolization of Modafinil uses an enzyme that also metabolizes hormones, Adrafinil reduces the efficacy of hormonal contraceptive. Additionally, it is not advised to take Adrafinil when pregnant or breastfeeding.
Further information (off-site)
1. Adrafinil: A Novel Vigilance Promoting Agent
2. Distinctive effects of modafinil and d-amphetamine on the homeostatic and circadian modulation of the human waking EEG
3. Efficacy and safety of modafinil film-coated tablets in children and adolescents with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: results of a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, flexible-dose study
4. Effects of modafinil on non-verbal cognition, task enjoyment and creative thinking in healthy volunteers
5. Effects of modafinil on working memory processes in humans
6. Modafinil administration improves working memory in methamphetamine-dependent individuals who demonstrate baseline impairment
7. Short- and long-term treatment with modafinil differentially affects adult hippocampal neurogenesis
8. The space-flight environment: the International Space Station and beyond